IT Manager - Fremont, CA
Internally, IT at Western Precooling runs lean and mean. You will be managing some activities and be hands on with others. At the same time, you will be leading and managing a team of external service companies that support Western Precooling in the various IT functions. This role will require a wide range of responsibilities from the strategic to the minute, with a heavy focus on daily execution.
On a daily basis you will be responsible for ensuring that the network is operating, reliable and safe as well as making sure that your customers – the users – are having their needs met and that any help desk issues are taken care of quickly. You will also be responsible for managing and implementing special projects that will help Western Precooling improve its operating or business performance. Projects that we may want to implement in the next two years include;
- Be part of project team on implantation of Dynamics 365;
- Move data center to new CoLo;
- Complete full security review and take appropriate action;
- Change folder structure to function based; add security;
- Implement revised internal website and/or SharePoint;
- Develop technology roadmap to be completely cloud based by 2020;
- Ability to trouble shoot electrical components with meter when equipment is down;
- Identify and implement key information mobile availability to operating managers;
Finally, you will lead a small group that sets the course for utilizing information technologies within Western Precooling for our medium to long term future.
Critical Skills to succeed in this position include;
- excellent leadership and management ability; including project management abilities.
- proven success at fully implanting an IT related project or process.
- working knowledge of Citrix and accounting software, such as Great Plains desired.
- understanding of cloud and virtualization technologies, Nutanix is a plus.
- outstanding communication skills, ability to communicate from C-Level executives to end user.
- a focus on execution; doing what you say you will do.
- Maintain Western Precooling operational effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- recommend solutions by identifying problems, evaluating trends and anticipating organization requirements.
- accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; managing expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action to ensure cost effectiveness.
- ability to direct technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
HOW TO APPLY:
Western Precooling is a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization which cares deeply about its customers and its employees. If you feel you would like to be part of this team, and feel you are up to this challenge please submit resumes to Diane Knoll at: email@example.com or fax: 510-656-1137. EOE.